Visit a new beach our May challenge
Do you like visiting the UK coastline but tend to hit the same beaches repeatedly? I understand we all have our favourite beach to visit, but the UK has such a diverse coastline that you could miss out.
We are dropping a challenge this May as the weather improves and most seaside locations are open. Why not try somewhere new this May, you never know, but this new beach may become your new favourite!
Drop us your pictures or beach reviews on our social channels Facebook, Twitter, TikTok or Instagram.
Our interactive beach maps allow you to explore and get ideas, but if you are struggling to find a beach, here are some remote UK beaches that are off the beaten track and offer a more secluded experience:
- Sandwood Bay, Scotland – Located in the far north of Scotland, Sandwood Bay is a remote and wild beach only accessible by foot. The hike to the beach is about four miles, but the stunning views and pristine sands make it worthwhile.
- Porth Iago, Wales – This secluded beach is located on the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales. Accessible only by foot or by boat, Porth Iago boasts crystal clear waters and a peaceful, uncrowded atmosphere.
- Rhossili Bay, Wales (picture above) – Located on the Gower Peninsula in South Wales, Rhossili Bay is a remote and stunning beach with panoramic coastline views. The beach is accessible on foot, and the hike to the beach is a beautiful one.
- Kynance Cove, Cornwall – This hidden cove is on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. Getting to the beach is a bit of a hike, but the turquoise waters and unique rock formations make it a must-visit.
- Druridge Bay, Northumberland – This remote beach is on the Northumberland coast, surrounded by sand dunes and wildlife reserves. It is a peaceful and secluded spot, perfect for a quiet beach day.
Remember to check the tide times and weather conditions before visiting these remote beaches, as some may not be accessible during high tide or in bad weather. Our beach pages on Coast Radar have location maps, tide times and weather forecasts.
What are you waiting for, get out and explore our fantastic, diverse UK coastline!