Brean Beach (Somerset)
Brean beach is part of a six mile length of beach great for families with sand dunes and firm sand. This is the second longest stretch of sand in Europe and space is not a problem.
At low tide a wide exposure of soft sand and mud is exposed leading to the water’s edge, although, this can be very dangerous to approach the water at low tide and visitors should take note of the warning notices about the dangers of mud.
Facilities include car park that includes spaces on the beach, food and warden patrol in the summer.
Horse riding is also allowed.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Brean Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Burnham-on-Sea in Somerset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...