Find the nearest Attractions & Theme Park
Our Attractions and Theme Parks category brings all Coast Radar’s listings related to looking for something to do or a place to visit together where they offer some form of themed attraction.
Finding the best things to see and do on a day out with your family or friends is easy – simply explore the attractions and theme parks links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next UK and Ireland activity.
- Bruichladdich Distillery is a distillery built in 1881 by the Harvey brothers on the shore of Loch Indaal, on the Rinns of Islay, the westernmost part of the island. The distillery produces mainly single malt Scotch whisky but has also offered artisanal gin. It is owned by Rémy Cointreau and is one of eight working distilleries on the island.
- Creating a stunning photograph isn’t about having an expensive camera or all the right gear. It’s about taking inspiration from what you see and genuinely capturing the moment. Through Northumberland Photo Training I teach the art of natural photography. I’ll share my enthusiasm for the natural world and show you how to focus on the ‘life’ in a landscape. You’ll learn about atmosphere and light, how to see the potential in a location and take beautiful photographs which document the narrative in front of you. I offer bespoke photo workshops to suit all skill levels and interests – from the basics of digital photography through to advanced techniques and digital post-production, which is taught in a purpose-built computer suite using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Tuition is provided for small groups or on a one-to-one basis and across a wide range of topics. The courses start from £65 for a 1:1, 3 hour PhotoTrail.
- Three parks in one, with Adventureland and Wonderland outside and the Wild Thing! Aztec play centre inside. There are over 28 fantastic rides and attractions throughout the park to excite and entertain from speedy rides like Turbo Teacups and Wild Bill’s Runaway Train through to more gentle rides like Curvy Caterpillars and Flying Elephants and everything in between. Not forgetting the ever popular Animals Cuddle Corner introducing children to a range of furry creatures! Indoors the Wild Thing! Aztec play centre is packed with imaginative activities and is also home to the Café of Muchooeatyou, themed party rooms and a mezzanine TV lounge.
- Splash World is an indoor all weather water park suitable for all of the family. Includes a wide range of flumes and river rides, a relaxing bubble spa and a toddler pool and water play area including tipping buckets and fountains. We also have a poolside café with a menu offering a range of food and refreshments.
- The Theakston Brewery in the Yorkshire Dales town of Masham was founded in 1827. Theakston Brewery Visitor Centre allows you to witness the creation of Ales first hand and to experience the flavours and aromas of malted barley, hops and yeast for yourself. With a trained guide, you’ll be able to follow the entire brewing process: from blending the ingredients, through filling the casks, to the craft of the cooper as straight pieces of oak are formed into curved staves to create a sublime vessel that holds a precise measure of beer. You can chat to the people behind the beer, ask any questions, or simply soak up the atmosphere of the brewer’s art. You’ll also be invited to have a pint and enjoy the authentic taste of British beer at its best in the brewery tap, warmed by the inevitable real fire. Open all year round to members of the public. Guided tours are also available.
- Situated at the junction of the Rivers Lour and Spey, the distillery lies in a beautiful glen, surrounded by glorious scenery dominated by the rugged peaks of Ben Rinnes a short distance away. Relaxed and informal tours enable guests to experience the whisky-making process and sample a selection of the finished products in a tutored tasting session
- The Bournemouth Eye Balloon rises to 500ft (150m) over the City of Bournemouth with panoramic views of the Bournemouth and Poole coast, Isle of Wight and the New Forest inland. Riders can see the surrounding area for up to 20 miles from what is the highest public observation point in Bournemouth.
- Explore the Pulteney Distillery and discover more about how we craft the fine Single Malt Scotch whisky in your glass. The distillery was founded in 1826 by James Henderson at the height of Wick’s herring boom and is one of the most northerly Scotch whisky distilleries on the British mainland. Tours take place at 11 am and 2 pm, or by prior arrangement, as there are limited spaces available on each tour it is recommended to book in advance.
- Biddenden Vineyard is Kent’s oldest commercial vineyard, having been established in 1969 to produce wines and ciders. The vineyards are set in 22 acres on a gentle south facing slope in a shallow sheltered valley. Ten varieties of grapes are grown to produce White, Red, Rose and Quality Sparkling wines. Traditional Kentish ciders have also been made here for over 20 years together with farm pressed apple juices. Visitors are welcome throughout the year. Our coffee shop is open daily and there are marked walks around the vineyard for visitors to wander at their leisure.