Happys offers pet-friendly accommodation in St Ives. Offering free private parking, the holiday home is 2.5 km from Carbis Bay. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property. The unit is equipped with a kitchen. A TV is available.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th May 2020-17th May 2020The festival runs for three days at Porthminster beach in St Ives. Activities include:fantastic demonstrations from nationally renowned celebrity chefs artisan traders with high-quality food and drink music performances children’s play area water sports activities
- Porthkidney is a sheltered beach with about 600m of golden sand and sand dunes, the dunes are also known as Lelant Towans. The beach is separated from Hayle beach by a narrow strip of water. Excellent beach for swimming and becomes a surfers beach in the winter as its sheltered location helps to keep the surf up when other more exposed beaches loose wave height. Bathing anywhere near the river estuary is very dangerous as the currents can be extremely strong, safe swimming area is marked. Seasonal lifeguard and close to all the facilities in St Ives itself. We have no dog information for Porthkidney Sands beach.
- Carbis Bay is a sandy beach about a mile east of St Ives and a resort in its own right. Very safe bathing due to sheltered aspect and calm sea. Also ideal for windsurfing and water-skiing. All facilities close to the beach, although a small car park and lifeguards during the summer.
- The Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool is open daily, weather permitting, during the main summer months. Although a unheated pool it does have a solar cover that means the water temperature is a few degrees higher. Ideally located close to miles of glorious sandy beaches.
- Hayle Towans beach sits alongside Hayle estuary. Good sandy beach although we would recommend moving along the beach away from the estuary for safer swimming, check out the lifeguard swimming flags that normally sit in front of Black Cliff beach. Whilst the north end of St Ives Bay has good surfing beaches, Hayle Towans is the spot for kitesurfing and canoeing. Towans means sand dunes. Facilities include lifeguards in the summer, toilets, pub and cafe. Hard path slope down to the beach from the RNLI hut makes it easier to access than the steps at Black Cliff beach.
- Black Cliff beach is a sandy beach stretching between Hayle Towans and Mexico Towans. Hayle beach is a large beach backed by dunes and Black Cliff beach gives some protection from the wind by being sheltered by cliffs. The beach gets its name from the dark cliffs that line the back of the beach. You often get some large areas of shallow water near the cliffs when the tide is out that provide great safe play for small children. Facilities at the beach include a small beach cafe and toilets at the top of steps, and if the steps are too much then Hayle Towans beach has a sloped beach access and can be used to get onto this beach.
- Mexico Towans is near the middle of the long Hayle Towans beach that looks over St Ives Bay. A sandy beach with high dunes and good for swimming and surfing/bodyboarding. This is a great family beach that has room for everyone even on the hottest and busiest summer days. Lifeguards in summer. Access is down the dunes themselves and so some may find the friendlier access at Black Cliff or Hayle Towans a better choice.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...