Cherwood Guest House (Devon)
The award-winning Cherwood Guest House enjoys a quiet yet superbly convenient location just 1 minutes’ walk away from the seafront, Paignton pier, and the beach. Paignton train station and bus station are 5 minutes’ walk from the property.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Paignton in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Paignton Sands is ideal for families as the beach has a shallow sea ideal for paddling. Behind the sands and the promenade is Paignton Green, a broad sweep of grass that stretches right down to the harbour and is ideal if you want to come of the beach for a picnic. Full facilities of Paignton with variety of amusements, pier and choice of shops and cafes and pedalos/boat hire.
- Preston Sands beach is a red sandy beach and at low tide you will find rock pools at the northern end. Further along it joins Paignton promenade and Paignton Sands that stretches right along the front to Paignton Harbour. Facilities include parking, toilets, disabled visitors’ facilities with disabled access to beach, cafe/restaurant, beach huts, deckchair hire, slipway, promenade and pier.
- Goodrington Sands is mainly a sandy beach and at low tide there are rock pools to explore. During the summer season the local steam train can be seen running along the back of south sands beach. Facilities include cafe/restaurant, beach huts, toilets, disabled visitors’ facilities and disabled access to beach, deckchair hire, pedalo hire, slipway, promenade.
- Hollicombe beach is set below high sandstone cliffs this sheltered red sand beach is a real sun trap and at low tide rock pools are exposed at both ends. This little bay provides the perfect setting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Torquay. Facilities include street parking, disabled access to beach, slipway and nearest public toilets are at Preston North Green.
- Paignton Zoo is a large zoo on 30 hectares (75 acres) on the outskirts of Paignton. The zoo has approximately 300 species that can be seen within natural habitat. Attactions include opportunities to hold and feed animals, minature railway, Monkey heights and Gibbon Island.
- Broadsands beach is a beautiful sweep of fine red sands, between rocky headlands. This beach is an ideal beach for families with children, the long promenade is lined with colourful beach huts and gives a level walk to both ends of the beach. This beach is a favoured starting point for coastal walkers. Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, food, beach huts, deckchair and pedalo hire. Devon also has a similarly named beach near Watermouth between Ilfracombe and Combe Martin on Devon’s North Coast, click here for Broadsands beach, Ilfracombe.
- Elberry Cove is a pebbly beach that slopes steeply and is surrounded by woodland. Popular spot for sea fishing. The coast around Elberry Cove is generally sheltered from the wind and so provides excellent conditions for water skiers with a ski lane being provided in the summer months. The beach cannot be reached by road, with the only means of access on foot along the coastal path from Broadsands. We have no dog information for Elberry Cove beach.
- Compton Castle is actually a dramatic fortified manor house with a small formal garden. This has high curtain walls, towers and a portcullis. Home for nearly 600 years to the Gilbert family, including Sir Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother to Sir Walter Raleigh. Limited number of rooms open to the public; medieval kitchen, great hall, solar and sub solar.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...